Monday, October 19, 2009

Productive weekends

Another weekend, come and gone.

Ah, Mondays.

Funny thing is, I don't really dislike Mondays. Especially after weekends that feel particularly restful. Like the one that just passed.

Friday evening, hubster and I decided not to do anything productive with the baby room or the house. We made the executive decision to not exercise or go buy things on our list of items we need. Instead, we went for dinner and a movie. Just the two of us. It was the perfect date night.

On Saturday, I decided to be all self-righteous and get a lot of stuff done. So, I got up early and went for a half hour jog/walk with my Mom, then came home and dug up all the weeds in our front garden, then emptied the dishwasher, did the laundry, made a meal plan for the week and a grocery list - and still managed to take a two hour nap.

Sweet.

Sunday, I went for another jog/walk (this time, about 25 minutes). Then went to my prenatal yoga class, did some more laundry, baked a batch of cookies and managed to fit in a half hour nap.

Sweet. Again.

It was the perfect balance of nesting (baking cookies and weeding the garden... definitely not on my list of typical weekend activities) and relaxation.

Now I'm ready for the next week. (Only 15 weeks left until I'm done work for a year, by the way.)

(Not that I'm really counting.)

(Just sayin'.)

1 comment: