Monday, October 5, 2009

One of the things that's pretty much tops on my list of Things I Love: browsing through book stores.

With a bit of downtime today, I decided to take advantage of my lunch break and head over to Indigo to see what's new in the world of books. (I was also excited to see if John Irving's latest novel was available yet. Alas, I was too eager. Not out until October 20th).

Anyway, as I was browsing through the "New and Hot Fiction" section, I saw a book I've picked up on many occasions, but have not yet bought. It sounds good. It looks good. But I just haven't gone for it. I just haven't been completely sold.

As I flipped it over to read the synopsis on the back (again), I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me, is that The Glass Castle?" a friendly looking man asked me.
"Yes," I replied.
"That is one of THE best books you'll ever read."
"Really?" I smiled.
"Absolutely. The story is amazing. The characters just get you right away. So good. A must read!" he answered enthusiastically.
"Wow! Thanks very much!" I nodded at him as I glanced over the book again.

He left with his purchase, leaving me with a big grin on my face.

Because another thing I absolutely love? Are fellow book enthusiasts.

And this kindly book lover had me sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment