I need to get stuff done, guys. Like - actually get stuff done.
I don't know if it's the whole nesting phenomenon taking place, or the realization that November-December is going to be very busy with holidays and family and so on and so forth... but I'm now 5 months along and we totally have to start planning and getting stuff done. Wee baby deserves it.
Thankfully, hubster picked up on my not-so-subtle freak out last Friday and went into super-hubby mode this weekend. Which is why we got a LOT of stuff done.
Things we did this weekend:
- Primed and repainted the nursery after deciding we didn't like the colour of paint we originally chose (and painted the walls with.) (PS: Thank you for helping in laws!!)
- Bought, painted, cut and installed all new base boards and trim around the window and doors in the nursery
- Assembled the change table (We have a cute change table! For baby things! Cute, little baby items! Hurrah!)
- PS: When I say "we", I have to give credit mostly to Andrew. He was a working machine this weekend! It was awesome. And? He looked really sexy in his rugged work clothes. Mmmm...
- Find and purchase a rocking chair/glider, throw rug and blinds for the nursery
- Put together the crib
- Have a mural painted on the nursery wall
- Pre-register at the hospital where we'll be having the baby (Apparently you have to do this like, NOW! I thought I could do it in January or something. Not so.)
- Register at Babies R Us (now that the shower has been moved up to November - have to get on this. Which? Am very excited about. Yay baby stuff!! Cute, little baby items!!)
I may be slightly neurotic... but at least I'm cute.
And so is the hubster.