Friday, June 27, 2008
Okay - so maybe it wasn't such a big deal (Mom and I went out for a 20 minute run. We would have barely broken a sweat if it hadn't been for the INSANE humidity today. Oh, humidity... the bane of my existence).
Anyway, so I'm back to running - and it feels pretty great. My plan for the summer is to go to spinning classes twice a week, keep attending bootcamp on Wednesday nights (SUCH a good workout) and try running maybe once or twice a week just to keep me in nice, running condition.
That's about it. Feeling good. Lovin' life.
Oh, and I'm particularly excited about the long weekend, even though I'm not doing much. With the hubster working Sat. and Sun., I decided to treat myself to a little girly time with a pedicure. Oh, and I'm also heading to my favourite breakfast spot ever with my brother and friend J. That's all I have planned, but I couldn't be more happy.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Actually, I was thinking about it last night - and I think I've come to a conclusion: I like my life. I am fully satisfied with my home, my work, my relationships, my life in general.
I like getting up and making breakfast in my kitchen, bathed in morning sunlight and enjoying the quiet of my house that is only really experienced in the wee hours. I like feeling important at work - making big decisions and having people come to me to solve problems. I love just being with my husband... even when we're doing nothing but sitting side-by-side in the car or on the couch. Just being together makes me feel so calm and happy and complete.
So, while I love vacations (how can you not love travelling, meeting new people, seeing new things and flying by the seat of your pants??), I have to admit that I don't feel dread at coming back home and getting back to the daily grind.
I guess I'm just lucky that way.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Anywho, I'm feeling much more refreshed today and ready to go! I've got my skim latte in front of me. Feeling good.
So - I get this feeling that some of my dear readers are expecting a full and long account of the Galapagos adventure I just went on. And while I LOVE talking about my incredible vacation, I just don't think a blog entry could do it justice. Actually - I don't even know where to begin. Instead, I think I'll just list a few highlights. And if you want more details, you'll have to meet up with me for coffee or something.
Best things about the Galapagos Islands:
- Snorkeling. Not only do sea lions come RIGHT UP to you to play around with you in the water, but the fish and other underwater sea creatures are absolutely stunning to see. Best part: watching a marine iguana feed on algae off a rock underwater.
- Boobies. And lots of them. The blue-footed variey, of course. I'm generally not one to be overly interested in birds, but these birds are awesome! And watching them fish is incredibly cool - they dive bomb into the ocean at a 90 degree angle. Seeing a bird doing that is really neat. Seeing about 500 of them do it all at once is indescribable.
- Fearless penguins. We went snorkeling in one area where some penguins were hanging out on a rock. So one of them jumps into the water and starts floating around, looking for food. So, of course a bunch of us swim in his direction, thinking "let's just see if we can get a better look". Um... yeah. Then penguin was totally our buddy. He almost bumped into one person's snorkel mask! So close. So incredible. Loved it.
- The hiking, the biking, the swimming, the people, the wildlife. In a word - everything.
Everything about the Galapagos Islands was pretty amazing. The only thing that has wreaked havoc on me is the South American food. My bod just ain't used to it and was NOT pleased with it. Other than that, it was the trip of a lifetime. I highly suggest you try it.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
- I'm leaving for vacation in exactly 3 days and somehow, even though everyone I know is healthy right now, I have developed a cold.
- When I'm sick and tired and travelling around on a boat (with my tendency to get seasick even when I'm perfectly healthy)... I might have a hard time really appreciating all the beauty of Ecuador.
- I'm supposed to start boot camp tonight. But I feel sickly and I've got the sweats. (The type of sweats that are ALL over. Seriously - I can feel my shins sweating).
- Tody is also the day that I had scheduled my bikini wax appointment.
So, in summation, I feel sick and tired and sweaty on the same day that I have to get hair follicles ripped out of my delicate area, the same day that I have to go and let some crazy trainer kick my ass and 3 days before I'm leaving for a land where people with IBS who get seasick and burn really easily probably shouldn't go.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
I'm busy at work. Busy at home. Busy trying to remember everything I have to do before leaving for vacation. Busy writing lists. Busy tying up loose ends at work. Yep. Real busy.
Needless to say, I'm looking forward to getting away for 2 weeks to completely check-out of work, and daily life, mentally. To rest up and relax. To experience amazing new things. And to spend quality time with the hubster.
So, yeah. If you don't hear from me much, it's probably because I've checked out mentally and checked in to my lovely Galapagos Islands vacation.
See you in a few weeks!