Thursday, October 23, 2008

A sigh for a Thursday afternoon

I'm not trying to have a pity-party where I'm the guest of honour... but honestly, sometimes I think I expect too much out of people.

It never fails. I go through stages: I get to know someone. I start deciding whether I think they're "good peeps" or if they're not quite my cup of tea. Once I get to know them and decide I like them, I start opening up to them. I start trusting them. I start truly liking them and thinking the world of them. And (I suppose, stupidly) think that they think the same of me.

And then something happens and reality comes into focus and all my thoughts are crushed into tiny, little, itty-bitty pieces. Much like some bird, smashing a crustacean onto the rocks in order to get inside to its fleshy goodness.

Sigh.

I guess the world isn't full of people like me. But, damn it, it should be! Or maybe I'm just a sucker and I need to master the art of not caring.

1 comment:

  1. Once you figure out the secret to not caring - can you share that with me? I feel like you do :)

    ReplyDelete