Thursday, October 30, 2008

How I love my husband

Recently, I've become obsessed with the sitcom "How I Met Your Mother". I discovered it one day, found it pretty damn funny, and now I try to catch it whenever I can. Much to my delight, I came across a marathon one lazy Sunday. Only problem was, it was season three. I'm the type that can't throw caution to the wind and start watching in the middle of a show. I need the back story.

So, I went to Future Shop, bought season one on DVD and spent my recovery-from-my-cold weekend watching every single episode. It was awesome. 

Now I'm really hooked. And hubster is working nights this weekend... so I'll probably have a whole lotta time to myself again. Enter season two. Right?

Unfortunately, season two is $45. (I checked when I popped into HMV on my lunch hour.) And I sort of felt bad for potentially spending $50 on a DVD for myself while my hubby worked all weekend. So I didn't get it. 

Anywho. I was out tonight. Hubby was home. And when I got home, he was leaving for hockey. So, I said bye to him and headed down to the basement to catch a little TV before going to bed. And what did I find sitting in the middle of our coffee table?  Yep... "How I Met Your Mother", the complete second season on DVD.

Hubby is too cute.

I know it doesn't seem like much. It's just a TV show, after all. But the fact that he bundled up and went out at night in the cold, when he didn't have to, just to make me happy... just so I could spend my weekend in my fleece pj pants, lounging on the couch, laughing my arse off and being entertained... well, I tell you - it just warms my heart. I mean, that is cute!

And, to top it all off, he found it for $2o! Nice.

Kids, that's just the beginning of the story of how I love my husband.

3 comments:

  1. I like the fact that Robin is Canadian and they make Canadian jokes. Hubster was very sweet to do that, you picked a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. andrew's a good guy! yay andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to comment on your blog, so had to go through about six hoops to do it! Its worth it, because when you read about something to heartening you really must comment, n'est pas? You do have a really great hubby, but he wouldn't be nearly so great if he didn't have such a great wifey! You are a terrific couple and I love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete