Monday, October 27, 2008

If you're feeling sickly...

I spent my entire weekend in exile. Just me, my pjs, a box of kleenex, orange juice and dvds.

I started feeling sick on Thursday. By Friday it was getting worse. Come Saturday, it was a full-on cold, and I just wanted to be alone.

You know those times when you're sick and you really want someone to take care of you? This was not one of those times for me. I wanted to be all alone. I didn't want to have to be "on" in front of the in-laws or my family, or even my hubster (who doesn't ever require me to be "on", but I feel bad when I'm cranky around him).

So, even though there was a big party going on Saturday night with all my friends - and I absolutely hate missing good parties - I stayed home. Hubby offered to stay home with me. But I kind of just wanted to lie on the couch and not have to talk. So, off he went. And I was alone.

Now, when you combine a few really bad days at work with a cold AND ample amounts of time to be alone with your thoughts, the result is not usually a cheery, happy, sunshiney one. Which means, I spent the weekend sick, sort of miserable, and feeling sorry for myself.

Thank goodness that's over with. New week, new outlook. And as my good friend O said, "Fresh possibilities over fresh cups of tea". Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back among the living. Looking forward to seeing you -- red nose and all -- on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cookie monster missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete