Thursday, November 1, 2007

I loves me some free stuff

Yesterday, my brand new, shiny cell phone arrived. It's ever so pretty. And I'm especially proud of it because I got it through the use of some well-worded arguments.

Yes, I argued and complained my way to a FREE phone from Fido. (Dad... are you proud??)

Let me tell you - I had planned out an argument, I had facts to back up my argument, I even had a hypothesis on standby. I was ready to do a battle of words.

But basically all I had to do was tell them that I was a good customer, and I was disappointed that I hadn't received any recognition from them. (Not even a note to say "Hey - thanks, you. You rock." Nothing.) And since I had no contract with them anymore, there was nothing preventing me from taking my phone number, and my business, elsewhere.

I've got to hand it to Fido - at least they were smart enough to realize that I was a good customer worth keeping. I ended up speaking to a nice representative and got a $300 phone for free and a better rate plan. Yay me.

And yay for a world where customers still matter. It's just too bad you have to complain first before you get anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment