Monday, October 29, 2007

Getting old

My brother is turning 30. DA, DA, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA........ (that's supposed to be ominous music).

The ironic thing is, I don't think there's anything ominous about turning 30. Of course, I'm not there yet. But I'm close. And I think about myself now compared to myself when I was 5, 6, even 10 years younger, and I think I just keep getting happier and happier with age.

I love being more mature and, therefore, smarter as I get older. I like the things that come with getting older, like more money, your own things (my house - I love it!), better relationships with your family and friends (since you learn who's really important to you as you get older, and hold onto those people as much as you can).

Basically, at the risk of sounding like an overly-positive, annoyingly-happy goof... I love where I am in life. And I'm excited about what the future brings as each year passes.

And as for my brother turning 30... I'm extremely excited for the big bash being thrown in his honour.

I do love a good party.

3 comments:

  1. wooo! 30!! thanks for the party.. and, i honestly don't mind turning 30.. i thought i would, but i'm not exactly down about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thirty is NOT old! I say with my hubby staring forty in the eye. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I had a feeling when I wrote this, I might sound like an ass. 30 just SEEMS old when you're still in your late 20s. :)

    ReplyDelete