Friday, October 5, 2007

Cold turkey


This weekend will mark a monumental occasion in my life. I am going to... (wait a minute, an event this big calls for a drumroll.)

Dadadadadadadadadaddadadadadadadadaddadadadada

...be cooking my first ever turkey dinner for 20 people!!

Yes indeed. Thanksgiving dinner is at my place this year. And not only have I never cooked a turkey dinner before, I have also never cooked for 20 people! Actually - if you want to know the truth - I rarely cook at all.

I have visions of the dinner scene from "Christmas Vacation" popping into my head. (If you watch that movie every year around the holidays, like I do, you know what I'm talking about).

Thank goodness my Mom has graciously offered to help me out, every step of the way. I have a feeling she just doesn't want to end up with food poisoning.

So, please send best wishes my way, everyone. And, have a happy thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. You did it! It sure isn't easy and your first time out of the gate, you did it! It was a great experience to see all the women in our family (and Andrew!) rally around you to make sure it all turned out well. We are very lucky to have this amazing group of women in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, I am enjoying reading your writing. I wanted to say that you did a great job getting the Thanksgiving dinner together for 20 people. You did a fantastic job. You are very lucky to have such a good Mom who so willingly gives you help for these special events. Again, good job Heather, I am proud of you. Kathy

    ReplyDelete