Friday, October 19, 2007

Run, baby, run

I've recently started training for a 10k race. I've been running for a long time (since university days) and I've run a few 5k races and a 10k race in the past. But this time, I felt like I needed to train properly. So I signed up for the Running Room 10k clinic. And I am so incredibly glad I did.

I run with the group 3 times a week. We do a short run on Wednesdays (and will be starting hill training next week on Wednesday nights), a medium run on Fridays and a long run on Sundays. So on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, I pretty much feel fantastic.

It's amazing how far your body will actually go. I used to think running was impossible. Now, I absolutely love it. It not only makes me feel great physically (from all the endorphins that get going), I also find that there's nothing more serene than a run on a cool night, where I can unwind, relax and just be alone with my thoughts.

I'm currently in week 2 of training. Going for about 5k tonight. And a 7k run on Sunday. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. For all the other runners out there - happy trails.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for running. The only time I run is when someone is chasing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get what you say about running... it feels really good to push yourself and be able to do it - it's really empowering for me. Crazy! Who would have thought it!!

    ReplyDelete