Monday, October 1, 2007

Tell a story

Here's a sample of some of my "fiction" writing. When I'm famous, you can all say you knew me when and you read my work first. (Please remember that it's fiction. Even though the character speaks in first person... it's not me, people!!)

****
When I was 13, my first boyfriend wanted to stick his tongue down my throat. This wasn’t uncommon for 13 year-old boys and girls in my school. But I couldn’t help but be a bit repulsed by it at the time. I was only 13, but I already imagined my first real kiss as being a romantic encounter. I could picture myself being swept off my feet. I wanted a kiss to be a loving exchange. And trying to explain that to a 13 year-old boy was like trying to discuss a classic novel with your friend who only reads magazines.

'I suppose I have to let him kiss me', I thought. I sighed on the inside.

But I decided to give him the go-ahead. And it was pretty gross at first. I got used to it though, because that’s what you did when you were a 13 year-old girl. And despite the fact that he was transferring the slobber collecting in the corners of his mouth to my mouth, my first boyfriend was one of the cool kids.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment