Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What to say

I'm afraid I'm boring today. So boring, in fact, that I was actually contemplating writing a post about pre-authorized payments. (I'm currently writing some copy at work about the ever-exciting PAP plan. Yes - you envy me, I can sense it.)

Anyway, so this made me wonder about blog etiquette. I've heard you're supposed to update your blog every day. Or, at the very least, 3 times a week. My friend M is very diligent about writing her blog every day. She's even doing it while away on a wonderful European adventure right now.

But for someone like me, who is currently not in the exciting land of excessive consonants (Amsterdam), and who leads a somewhat mundane life, is it really necessary to write every day - even if there's nothing to say? If my posts get more and more boring, will I lose my readership (all 3 devoted readers)?

Wait... don't answer that. Please.

Anyway, until something exciting happens to me, or until I'm hit by a wave of witty creative genius that will have my readers slapping their knees, I'm going to hang back a bit. I'm still here, though. Just a bit more selective.

4 comments:

  1. you can blog about how your brother just bought a new cell phone.. exciting! i'd read that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I make fun of your posting about PAP, is that a PAP smear?

    Love your tired friend in Amsterdam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is someone suffering from writer's block???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Love the PAP smear comment. You're too funny! Have a great time in Amsterdam!

    ReplyDelete