Monday, October 22, 2007

I do, I do, I do, I do

Sunday was my one year wedding anniversary. Wow. A whole year of martial bliss already. I've learned a lot about being married in the past year. For example, no matter how many times you ask a husband to put the toilet seat down, it's just not going to happen automatically within the first year of marriage. It just won't.
I've also learned that hockey is always, always more important than a wedding anniversary. (This I learned on Sunday, while I was watching my dearest play hockey in a cold arena, wondering how I got so lucky).

And I've also learned that husbands may pretend to listen when their wives are talking about stuff... but they have very selective hearing. Very selective.

However, the past year has also taught me that coming home after a long day to a soft hug and loving eyes is one of the best feelings in the universe. It has taught me that it's really nice to have long talks while laying in bed late on a Sunday morning. And it has taught me that it's a really wonderful feeling to have someone around who truly loves you, just the way you are. Who loves your faults, loves being silly with you, loves having serious conversations, loves going to movies or staying in and snuggling. Who makes you feel loved, every single day.

Oh - and probably the most important thing I've learned over the past year is that laundering your husband's undies and socks is worth it, as long as he cooks dinner.

To many more years of wedded bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like wedded bliss to me. Forget the toilet seat, it just won't happen, you just get trained to check yourself before taking a seat.. the dinner on the other hand is made in heaven, I think I would keep him.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete