Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sunrise on the Serengeti

A and I have decided to go on a safari in Africa next year. We're still working out how we'll afford it - but that's just a minor detail. We're in the research phase right now... trying to figure out which tour company to go with, where to go, when, etc. etc.

All I can picture in my mind is riding over dry plains in a little jeep with A by my side as we watch real, live elephants and giraffes roam by. We'll take a drive at sunset and watch the sky light up in bright reds and pinks while we let the warm, dry evening air whip through our hair and dance across our faces.

This is our dream.

And while we're still young and not tied down by much (read: kids), we're ready to take off and enjoy what adventures come our way.

Imagine going to Africa... and having the memory of us being there together, for the rest of our lives.

I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

  1. cool idea! my dream is to spend weekends in my underwear in my condo, watching tv.. not quite as expansive, but what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so romantic and adventuresome - you are your father's daughter!

    ReplyDelete