Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dining out

Last night I went out for dinner with two friends I haven't seen in a while. I really, really love being around said girls. So they made the night fabulous - despite the lack of food.

Here's what I mean by "lack of food"...

We went for sushi. I love sushi. Love it to death. But I've been ruined by the REALLY good all you can eat sushi places in Toronto. I don't mean the gross, "been sitting on a counter under a sneeze shield all night" type of all you can eat. This sushi is fresh. And made for you as soon as you order it. And it's as endless as you want it.

So, last night, when we went to a very "Toronto" sushi restaurant (where everything is white and stark with 'clean lines' and the waiters wear all black and you get dirty looks if you don't order a saketini or whatever it's called). Anyway, so at this very posh restaurant, I ordered a miso soup, 2 pieces of nigiri (a piece of salmon on some rice) and one roll. Oh, and one of those saketini's (I was peer pressured). My dinner was $56.

Or... roughly the price that two people can dine for at an all you can eat sushi place. And I left a little hungry.

Needless to say, I wasn't overly impressed. But, that's just the suburbanite in me.

At least the company was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment