Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's pronounced mid-WIFF-ery. Tee hee

Andrew and I met with a midwife association this morning. Just a quick meet-and-greet, to find out what they offer and provide and all that.

Yeah. They totally had me at hello.

Midwives are AWESOME. Did you know that? Did you? Huh? (I'm pretty excited about it all).

The midwife I met with was so warm and friendly. She explained all about what they do and what I could expect. She made me feel informed, comfortable and happy with all the choices I want to make for my first experience. And she didn't make me feel like I had to give birth at home with just some torn rags and hot water if I wanted midwife care. (In other words, she was totally cool about everything.)

So, I called and left them a message to say that YES! I DO want to have midwife care, starting like, NOW please and thank you. Just waiting to hear back from them to see if they have the room/space. (Apparently there's a long waiting list.)

That's about all that's new with me. Oh - and baby kumquat has now graduated to baby fig. Exciting!! (However, I can't wait until the baby sites start using cute references that I can more easily understand again... like olive. I mean... who knows exactly what the size of a kumquat and a fig are? Not me. Can't say I'm overly familiar with the fig.)

Anyway, just for reference...

This is apparently the size of my mini-me right now.
Such a cute little fig, no??

2 comments: