Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby update

People keep asking me how I'm feeling (which is very nice), but I'm a little surprised by it. I'm in my second trimester now, when most pregnant women feel their best.

And since those two weeks early on in my pregnancy, I haven't really complained about being tired or sick or feeling plagued by any of the other symptoms that women go through. Because I haven't been. I've been lucky, I guess. (Yes, you may feel free to hate me now. Go ahead. I understand.)

Anyway - so I thought it was time for a little update on my stats. Just to let you know how I'm doing.

How far along: 13 weeks

Next appointment: Tomorrow! Wednesday, August 19th. It'll be my last appointment with my doctor, and then I'm transferring over to midwife care. So excited about that.

Symptoms: Felt a little bit of pain in my abdomen when I coughed last night. Also, I'm a bit sleepy (but that may be due to the whole getting-up-for-work-at-5:30 or 6am-thing). Other than that, I'm pretty good.

Weight gain: Not quite sure yet. I've been avoiding the scale. But I'll find out tomorrow. As I've mentioned, my pants aren't fitting anymore. So, I'm sure it'll be a significant jump in the weight-gainage. (Ack!)

Progress on preparation for baby: None. We haven't thought about the nursery much. I haven't bought any furniture (I haven't even bought myself any maternity clothes yet!) I haven't thought about what I need, or what I'll register for. And even though this is very unlike me, I'm strangely calm about it all. I think I was just waiting for the first trimester to be over and done with.

Size of baby: I found another fruit reference. Baby is now the size of a peach. How cute is that?? Baby Peach says hello!

Exercise: I've been doing a variety of pregnancy DVDs given to me by friends who have had babies, along with some walking. The walking is great. I love walking. Although, I think once the heat wave subsides a bit, I'm going to try jogging again. The DVDs... are good. But make me feel a little silly.

First of all, the "Fit Mama" DVD I'm doing is instructed by a perky blonde lady with a very strong southern accent. And the first 30 minutes of it is devoted to salsa dancing. (I use the term loosely). So... yeah. I feel kind of silly as I "scootch" my hips forward in time to some baaaaad salsa music. But, it's all in the name of staying active and fit, I guess.

The prenatal yoga DVD I've got is pretty good. But the names of the women in the DVD are Shiva, Britta and Poppy. Sort of hard to take seriously. And Shiva, the instructor, says exhale funny. She keeps saying "ex-zale". Over. And over. And over again. I can't really get past that for some reason.

Anyway, that's about it for the update on me. All is going well. Baby Peach and I are now going to try and focus on work.

2 comments:

  1. salsa dancing... it's the spice of life!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be a grandma! Yay, yahoo, hooray! Wahoo!! Etc.

    ReplyDelete