Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Playing the little wifey role

Last night, hubster had to work late, unexpectedly. So, being the good wifey that I am, I decided to get dinner ready and have it waiting for my man when he walked in the door after a long day.

(I would have poured him a scotch and put on my face before he got home, too - but we had no scotch. And I just couldn't bring myself to carry out the little wife routine that far.)

Anyway. Yes, I also had a long day. But still! My man needs a wife at home who will cook for him occasionally. (Read: once a month... maybe.)

So, I prepared dinner, cleaned the kitchen, loaded the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and waited for hubby to walk through the door.

Then I remembered that I had the car that day. So, AGAIN being the good wifey that I am, I called him and told him to let me know when he was done work so I could come and pick him up.

After picking him up, SERVING HIM DINNER and then cleaning everything up afterwards... I decided that I should bake my man some fresh blueberry muffins.

So I did.

And then I checked my pulse, looked at myself in the mirror to see if it was still me and wondered where the hell Hez had gone and when she was coming back.

Needless to say, hubster enjoyed his evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment