Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baby showers

Okay. So I'm officially EXHAUSTED. (Drinking a latte now in hopes of lifting my eyelids a little).

But I'm also overwhelmed with happiness. (And little girly clothes).

Yesterday was my baby shower - hosted by my lovely Mom, with my sister in law and mother in law helping out. There were 29 women all piled into my living room/dining room area, along with several babies and another pregnant lady (my friend Amy who's due like ANY SECOND NOW).

It was awesome having everyone there. All the family and friends - together in a "world's colliding" type scenario.

And - oh. MAH. Goodness. The generosity!! The gifts were amazing. I absolutely can NOT get over how insanely cute little girl clothes are. And - believe you me - everybody LOVES to buy girl clothes. (How could you not go to a baby shower with a little girly outfit, right??)

So I got clothes, clothes, and more clothes. Plus some awesome things that I'll really need before baby arrives.

All in all, it was a fun, fabulous day. And I felt great.

Here's me just before the shower at 27 weeks:

More shower pics to come, hopefully! I didn't take any... so I'm waiting to see if anybody will be sending me some soon. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. woo! sounds like it was a great time hez! i can't wait to buy the baby a gift, but i'm waiting until she's born.. i guess a mini-bike isn't appropriate, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby showers are fun. One of my fav pregnant memories is folding all the little outfits (boy outfits :-) ) and putting them away in the newly decorated baby's room. Glad yours was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete