Monday, July 27, 2009

Today in the the Pregnant Chronicles...

Crazy morning so far - but I have a few more posts to update you on, then we're back in real-time.

Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

So. The morning sickness has subsided mostly. It just rears its ugly head when I first get up now – and again before I eat my lunch. After that, I’m pretty much golden.

Can I get a Hallelujah!?

Oh, and the abdomen and back cramping/pain has pretty much gone, too. And since I felt it was going away, I thought it was safe to exercise again.

So, last night I ventured out for a very slow 4k jog. Nice and short. Nice and slow. Took an extra walk break. Even walked up the giant hill at the end. Eased into the whole running thing again very well, I thought.

Until I got home and felt like I had just run a half marathon again. MY GOODNESS I was exhausted! I struggled into bed about an hour after getting home from the jog. And, I kid you not, it was the BEST feeling in the entire world.

I could have been resting on a bed of feathers with a million-zillion thread-count sheets enveloping me into a nice, cozy bundle. That is just how good it felt to lie down.

So. The morning sickness may have subsided. But this new, wonderful thing I call COMPLETE AND UTTER EXHAUSTION seems to have moved in and taken up residence.

Ah, the joys of pregnancy.


Tuesday, July 21, 2009


It’s been a while since I’ve written anything. But honestly – not a whole lot has been happening. I guess there’s a whole lot of waiting involved in the pregnancy thing.

Last Friday, I had my first doctor appointment. Standard stuff… He checked my weight, I peed in a cup, had a physical done, (couldn’t help giggling like a school girl when he knocked on my knees to check my reflexes… my reflexes are very good! And apparently very amusing to me).

Anyway, then I gave about 4 million vials of blood and that was it. He gave me tons of paperwork so I could set up my first ultrasound (August 11th. WOO!) Then I went on my merry way.

I think I’m supposed to go back to see him in 4 weeks, but that wasn’t very clear. What is very clear is I have absolutely NO idea what I’m doing. (And my doc hasn’t exactly guided me along the way).

He didn’t mention a thing about food I’m supposed to eat. (Other than asking if I consume a fair amount of milk, cheese and yogurt). He didn’t tell me what to avoid. He didn’t tell me anything about exercise. Or sleep. Although, he did tell me about weight gain. How much is too much. How much is just right. (Both are scary numbers).

Anyway… thank goodness for the Internet. I’m getting weekly updates from babycenter.com. (Which is how I know that my baby is now the size of an olive, by the way. Hello little olive! How are you doing in there? Feeling good? Oh good, glad to hear it, olive.) (**Edited to add** Now that's it's actually July 27th, baby has graduated to the size of a kumquat. Not quite the same ring to it as "little olive"...but still. It's my little kumquat.)

Thank goodness I have an appointment to meet with a midwife coming up. I have a feeling they may be a bit more personal than my doctor (who really is a nice man… but all “business” at the end of the day).

I’ll let you know how that goes.

In the meantime... any guesses on whether I'm having a boy or a girl? I've been asked by a few people if I have any idea. Nothing yet. I guess I'm still thinking of it as a gender-neutral olive.

Such a cute little gender-neutral olive.

No comments:

Post a Comment