Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So you've gone and got yourself knocked up...

Post the second! Enjoy.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So, yesterday morning I went to the doctor’s office to get the “official” blood test. That would be the blood test that indeed confirms that I’m pregnant.

Obviously, I was sure that the test was just a formality, as I saw those very bright lines on my home test. But getting the call this morning from a nurse who said “Congratulations! The test came back positive” was an awesome feeling, nonetheless.

My first appointment is a prenatal one (where they do the physical and take more blood and all that) – and it’s been scheduled for July 10th. So I’ll be about 7-8 weeks, if all goes well.

VERY. EXCITING.

More in the exciting front: I spoke with a midwife on the phone yesterday to put my name on a waiting list, as per Cheryl’s advice. She said they’d give me a call in a couple of weeks to let me know if they’ll be able to accommodate me. If not – I can still be on a waiting list.

Reasons why I’m interested in a midwife:

  • They’re official: Registered Midwives are primary care providers and they offer all the services your doctor will

  • But they also offer you the care you need throughout pregnancy – and then for 6 weeks after you give birth! (Hello! Yes, please!)

  • Plus, with your midwife, you’ll develop a relationship. They’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. (Oh, the neurotic questions they must deal with).

Anyway, so it sounds appealing to me. And the REALLY exciting stuff is that I’ve got an estimated due date.

February 20, 2010.

It’s real all of the sudden.


Monday, June 22, 2009

Saturday was my Mom’s birthday. So I decided that I absolutely could not wait any longer to tell her. Which is why I went out and bought her a birthday card that said: “Happy Birthday Grandma!” on the outside. And inside, wrote “See you in February!”

I was super excited for her to read it. Watched in anticipation as she opened it up. And then saw that she didn’t quite get it. (She later told me she did get it, but didn’t want to get her hopes up just in case she was wrong).

But – OH MY – when she finally got it! Look the hell out. She went crazy. Like crazier than I have ever, ever seen her go. She jumped up and down. She screamed “you’re pregnant!!!” She started crying.

Of course, right before that Hallmark moment, my Dad decided to step out of the house and go to the car where he was hiding his birthday present for my Mom. So he missed the whole scene. (It’s okay though. He was quickly brought up to speed when he saw the card).

My brother seemed a bit frightened by Mumsie’s reaction. But then quickly showed how happy he was for us. So, all in all, it was a pretty cool experience.

The family’s ready for you, baby. And excited as hell.

I’d say she’s happy, would you?

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the Mommy blogger to begin. LOVE to be sharing in your happiness. Yay Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! that was funny hez! dad missed the whole thing :)

    ReplyDelete