Tuesday, May 27, 2008

La Familia

Okay, it's been long enough. Time to blog again.

I was away for the weekend on my first all-family trip since I was 16. My mom, dad, brother, hubby, my parents' dog Duffy and I all packed ourselves into one van and drove for 6 hours to visit my uncle, aunt and cousins. Several bathroom (and timbits and tea) stops later, we made it there.

It was great being with my familial counterparts again. It had been a while since I had seen my cousins and it was nice to reconnect.

However, I have to say that thanks to Facebook, I've felt up-to-date with the fam. Many people have issues with staying in touch over a web site, but honestly - I know what's going on in their lives and they know what's going on in mine. It's an easy, no-pressure way to keep in touch (especially for non-phone people like me).

Oh - and while there, my mom, cousins and I ran a couple of races. You know - no big deal.

1 comment:

  1. Road Trip - Road Trip!
    You should post your photo crossing the finish line!!

    ReplyDelete