Good things about race day:
1. The atmosphere is SO exciting!
2. The people watching from the sidelines are so supportive and encouraging
3. Crossing the finish line and seeing my husband, brother and parents-in-law there to cheer me on was fantastic
4. I have such a sense of accomplishment now - I ran a half baby!!
Bad things about race day:
1. The shooting pain in my leg began at kilometer 4 (which was unfortunate since I still had 17 kilometers to run)
2. My body is obviously mad at me and wants me to rest (so I will)
But in the end, I did it. I ran my first half marathon race. Woo hoo!!