Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Music, man

With my readership growing, I feel that I must write every day now. (I certainly don't want to disappoint my fans!) However, coming up with something (interesting) to talk about each day can be a bit challenging. So - my lovely friend R. provided me with a topic to discuss for today:

"If your life were a soundtrack, what songs would be on it?"

Oooo... this one is good. It requires a lot of thought, though. I don't want to be too hasty and just start listing off songs I like. I really need to think - how does a song describe me?

First of all, I'm pretty sure I'd include "Where's the party?" by Madonna. Not only is this song from her classic"True Blue" album (which has been a personal fave of mine since way back in the days when I wore neon and headbands religiously), it also pretty much describes the fun, party-girl side to my personality. (I love, love, love a good party!)

As cheesy as it sounds, I think I'd have to include "All you need is love" by the Beatles. I'm all about love. And I've got so much of it in my life, that I really, truly believe it's one of the single most important things someone can experience in life.

What else? What else?

Right - well I have to list a few songs that I just love... These songs are also tunes that induce much daydreaming in me, which is always a good sign:

Hurt by Johnny Cash (cover)
Say it Ain't So by Weezer
Andy You're a Star by the Killers
La Vie en Rose by Louis Armstrong
Highway Girl by the Tragically Hip

Wow - I'm finding this really hard. Must think some more... Then I'll get back to the list and perhaps revise.

In the meantime, what would be on your list?

1 comment:

  1. This is a good topic!

    I would definitely have Ode to Joy on mine. Just because it's a beautiful piece of music and it makes me feel spiritual.

    My other song would be We've Only Just Begun because I'm an eternal optimist and my personal philosophy on life is that I'm always looking forward and have so much ahead of me.

    I'm going to think more about this!

    ReplyDelete