Monday, January 7, 2008

Let them write about cake

Apparently lots of people write "food blogs" in order to keep themselves on track with their eating and weight loss. If it works for you, great! But for me - probably not so much.

If I kept track of every morsel that I consumed, I would become an over-obsessed, crazy person who lacked all enjoyment in food. And who would really want to read about what I'm eating daily?? I mean, as my friend J. taught me, blogs should NEVER be about the sandwich you ate for lunch that day.

That's not to say that all food blogs describing sandwiches in detail are taboo. When written by a person who really loves food (and I mean REALLY loves food), a daily food blog can be a thing of beauty. Intricate descriptions of mouth-watering delicacies. Detailed accounts of meals that are so real you can almost smell the dish...

Sorry - I'm getting all caught up in the thought of food, glorious food.

Anyway, for now I think I'll stick to eating food, rather than writing down everything that I eat in an attempt to be "good". After all, some things in life just need to be enjoyed, right?

1 comment:

  1. People ought to treat food the way they treat sex... as a beautiful thing to be consumed (and to consume us)...not for blathering incessantly about. :P

    Of course... Penthouse columnists are on to something...so maybe the food bloggers aren't entirely off...
    *ponders*

    ReplyDelete