Monday, April 20, 2009

Run, Hezzie... RUN!

May is the month of races for me: Two half marathons. Two weeks apart from each other. Only 3 weeks until my first one.

(I will pause to allow this scary fact to actually SINK IN).

Ack!

Yesterday I ran my longest training run until the actual race. 20kms... bright and early in the morning. It took me longer than I would have liked... but then again, it's just a training run. And it was 20k!! (Not easy, I tell ya.)

Anyway, so I don't want to jinx things, and have been knocking on wood all over the place... but... I'm feeling good this year. (Last year? Was not so good. Had LOTS of leg pain. Was injured. Probably shouldn't have run the half marathon). But this year... I'm thinking I might actually be able to run, pain-free.

Everybody please knock on wood along with me now... *knockknockknockknock* and an extra *knock* for good measure.

We'll see how it goes. But, yeah. The running thing is making me feel pretty darn good about myself lately.

Last year's race bib. That's MRS. 3909 to you, bub.

1 comment:

  1. I am really looking forward to running my first 1/2 marathon with my beautiful and talented daughter!

    ReplyDelete