Monday, September 15, 2008

The clothes make the man

I hate my wardrobe. Seriously. Hate it. (I'm not trying to be dramatic here. Just telling it like it is).

This morning, I tried on 4 top/pant combinations before finally settling on something that I thought made me look less-than-frumpy. However, I happened to catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror once I was just about at the office... and I looked full-on frump. Like, dishevelled. Already.

So, I started my day off feeling kinda blah at how shite everything seems to look on me lately.

Since I've felt this way for a good 3 months (or more) now, and since I'm all about being "solution-oriented", I figured the answer would be to go shopping and get myself some new things to wear. So I did. I got myself 4 new tops and one pair of shoes a few weeks ago. Which cost close to $250. Ack!

Anyway, they're nice. And I feel good wearing them. But with only 4 new items, I've got to space them out so I don't reveal all my new "looks" at once and then spend the rest of the fall/winter being embarrassed that I wear the same few shirts to work week after week.

Sigh. The things I must deal with in life. Woe is me. Woe is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment