That's right. I got off my wussy arse and told her that come February, hubster and I would no longer be able to afford to have her clean our mess for us.
Her response? "Not a problem at all!!!" (With a big smile on her face.)
I think it's safe to say that she doesn't enjoy cleaning our home.
Evidence making it crystal-clear that said cleaning lady no longer wants us as clients:
- Almost every, single time she's scheduled to come, she calls the morning of... either to switch to another day or week, or to cancel all together
- She often gives us a long sob story about how sick she is, how tired she is, how she has to take care of her granddaughter (who's ten, by the way - and usually off at school like other normal ten year olds) so she can't make it ALL THE WAY to our house to clean
- (We don't live that far from her)
- She does a half-assed job most times. (I'm not being snotty... I can honestly see a dust line under our dining room cabinet - RIGHT after she's visited)
- She was positively JOYOUS (just short of dancing a jig, I'd say) when I told her we can't afford to have her clean anymore
- She followed that up by getting slightly grumpy when I asked her if she could come one more time in January
So, yeah. I have a feeling there will be no love lost when cleaning lady and I part ways for good in January. It was nice while she was around... but now I've got to do my own half-assed job.
I think I'll tackle that dust line first.