Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rose coloured glasses

Getting pregnant has done wonders for my outlook on life. After seeing my baby at the first ultrasound, it was like something just clicked. All of the sudden, everything was put into perspective.

The small stuff? I really don't sweat it anymore.

Case in point:

Some projects at work have been running a little bit "less than smoothly", shall we say. Now, I could get super-frustrated and vent and argue and feel my face getting all red for everyone to see. Or, I could try to come up with the best solution possible to make the client and the team happy, laugh it off, and move on my merry way.

I've been consciously making an effort to try the latter.

And what I've noticed? Is things don't get all big and blown out of proportion. People smile at me more. I don't have to have those awkward, "Look, it's not you, it's the project that makes me frustrated" conversations.

It's pretty nice.

Funny how in one day, in one moment, my whole entire world changed. And it really, truly affected how I look at life.

Thank you, Baby Mango.

1 comment:

  1. Becoming a Mom changes a lot of things - it's quite a journey you're on now. Your life will change in a gazillion ways, enjoy the ride, I'm still enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete