Thursday, May 21, 2009

What's this coffee-making machine you speak of?

Now that we're all a big mushy pile of goo from looking at a pic of my nephew... let's move on to other things.

Like the fact that I'm heading to Ottawa in 2 days to run another half marathon race. And the fact that I really, really don't want to.

(That's right. I said it. I'm a runner and I just do. Not. Want. To. Run. The Race. Perhaps it's because I've already inflicted myself with the torture of the 2 hour (plus) run. And yeah - once? Is enough, thank you very much.)

Or, we can move on to something else: the exciting news that my office finally has a coffee maker!! Again, you heard me right. We are in the year 2009 and my place of business just recently got a coffee maker put into the kitchen.

(Also - I'm not a coffee drinker, so you would think this news wouldn't be that exciting to me. However, I do make these homemade lattes every day and they taste SO much better with freshly brewed Starbucks coffee than with the instant crap I was previously using. Hurrah for modern inventions like coffee makers!)

Hows about we move on to the fact that yesterday, I was quite honest (read: brutally honest) with my boss about something and - surprise, surprise - my boss didn't seem too happy with my honesty at first.

Later, hubster asked me if maybe I wanted to perhaps approach the whole "honesty" thing a little more carefully around someone who could easily fire me. And - surprise, surprise - I was all indignant at this comment. I was all: "Hey - I'm just an honest person. I don't like to sugar coat. And if that ain't okay... than I don't wanna be right!!!" And.... then.... I thought about it a little bit.... and yeah. I realized that a little "discretion" really isn't a bad thing.

Anywho.

So that's what's up with me. And now, for your viewing pleasure (and your daily intake of vitamin "goo"), here is another picture of my nephew.


Hez: You have cute dimples, nephew.
Nephew: I like your honesty, Auntie.

1 comment:

  1. Awe sooo cute. I see your hubby's point, but I see yours also. Sometimes it's hard not to say it like it is. Hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete