Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Update

Woo! Wooooooo!

Woo.

I had a "woo"-worthy weekend. Let's see... what happened...

Oh yes, I ran a half marathon. Nothing serious. Y'know... just ran 21k and all.

Mumsie and I before the race.


Mumsie and I nearing the finish line. (This was shortly before Mumsie's unedited comment: F%$CK! Don't let our smiles fool you. We were EXHAUSTED.)


Mumsie and I done the race. And ecstatic! (Runner's high and all...)


Also, pre-race events included going to see 65_RedRoses... the last documentary we saw with our Hot Docs film fest pass. All I can say is: SO. GOOD. I won't do the synopsis justice. So, this is from their website:

"65_RedRoses is a Canadian documentary that takes an unflinching look into the life of Eva Markvoort as she battles a fatal genetic disease called Cystic Fibrosis (CF). At 23, Eva needs a double lung transplant to live. Unable to be around other patients with the same disease, Eva turns to the Internet where she forms a strong connection with two American girls in different stages of CF. As the film follows Eva on her journey to getting new lungs, we witness how her online friendship with Meg and Kina withstands the tests of both time and distance."

The best part about the screening we attended? We found out at the end that Eva and her entire family were in the audience. Tissues were definitely required.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations again on your 21 k run yesterday; this is such a major milestone. I am also interested in 65 Red Roses; I hope it will be made available for the general public to see sometime. I am aware of a Toronto jazz singer names Alex Pangman who recently had the same operation. Hard to imagine being able to sing with a deadly breathing problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and your mom. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job hez! i couldn't have done it.. i would've died for sure :)

    ReplyDelete