Monday, November 24, 2008

Break me off a piece of that kitkat bar

I'm unmotivated.

But just at work.

I'm pretty sure that only one of my coworkers reads this blog, so it's okay for me to spill the beans here. But yeah. I'm kinda feeling burnt out.

And I feel so guilty saying that because I'm not over-worked. I'm treated really well. There are other people working longer hours. The economy is shite right now, so I should just feel lucky to even HAVE a job and steady income. And yet, I can't shake the feeling.

I come into the office every day and find it hard to think fresh. To come up with something innovative. To focus. Hell, I have trouble even getting my timesheets done.

I so hope that only one of my coworkers reads this.

Anyway, I think it might be due to the time of year. When the holidays are about to roll around, and all I can think about is that much-needed break to rejuvinate. Long evenings. Sleeping in. Relaxing. Slippers. And tea. Books. Home-cooked meals and baking. Ah... bliss.

In the meantime, if anybody at work wonders, I'm working really hard. Really.

3 comments:

  1. haha! totally hear you! and, i think its knowing that you'll have a full week (or is it two?) off over the holidays that probably has you looking ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need a girls night!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I do Dawn! Did we decide on a date?

    ReplyDelete