Friday, November 14, 2008

Boooooooooze

Good morning, world!

That salutation was probably deceiving. I'm actually not all alert and cheery and feeling fabulous. But hey - sometimes persuasion works. Just ask Austen. (Wow. Nerdy book reference much?)

Anyway, last night I went out for a few pints after work with some old colleagues. We all had to go our separate ways at a respectable hour, but of course, I'm like Frank the Tank and once the beer hits my lips, I can't say no to it. So, I went home and met up with my brother and some friends for a few more beers. And before I knew it, I was feeling pretty good.

Fast forward to this morning... my eyes pop open at 4am and I can NOT fall back asleep, no matter how hard I try. This happens to me every time I have a few drinks the night before. I can't sleep the next morning and then spend the rest of my day tired and cursing the demon rum.

When will I learn?

Later on tonight I'm sure I'll relive more moments that happen to me every single day-after-drinking. You know: on the Go train home, my head will start doing the "nod and bob" as I try to keep my heavy, heavy eyelids open. Or, at home, I'll wake up completely startled, unsure of where I am, what time it is, or even who I am, only to find that I'm on the couch in the very same spot I've been in all evening.

Ah, yes. Drinking is so smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment