Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Life is strange

I just found out that one of my brother’s ex-girlfriends died of brain cancer yesterday. She was 2 weeks shy of turning 29. My age.

Of course this is shocking news to me. I knew her – not very well – and, admittedly, we weren’t close. But she was a young, vibrant girl the same age as me.

It’s moments like this that send me reeling. Just two days ago, I was furious with a co-worker over something that seems so petty when I put it into perspective. I spent precious hours of my life being hateful and unhappy. It’s kind of horrifying when I think about how this girl no longer has any hours left in her life. She’s gone.

I will be the first to admit that it takes something tragic for me to realize how good life is. And that’s a sad, sad thing.

There’s too much to wake up each morning and be happy for. I’m just happy for the very fact that I am waking up each day. As are my loved ones and friends.

Just a little reminder. Enjoy each day.

1 comment:

  1. I just spent the morning volunteering at SickKids Radiothon, so I can completely relate to what you're saying. Life is too short to waste.

    ReplyDelete