Friday, January 23, 2009

This post contains the word whore. Reader discretion advised.

It's Friday! Normally, I would follow that up with "at long last". But this week went kind of quickly... so I'm not really in the "workin' for the weekend" mode right now. Bonus!

So. Things that are going on with me. Let's see...

Hubby and I are dining out tonight, perhaps at one of our favourite local restaurants, and I'm quite giddy at the thought. Is it odd that I'm giddy at the thought of eating at a restaurant? Or is it just sad? You decide, dear Internet. I will be okay with your decision. Really, I will.

Either way. We're going out for some yummy food and then hubby's going out to play hockey with his beloved beer league, and I will go home and promptly fall asleep. (This also excites me). Because when you're almost 30? Your priorities change. An exciting weekend is eating out, having MAYBE one glass of wine and going to bed early.

Sigh.

Anyway - so yeah. Back to the 30 thing. I'm almost 30!! Only 2 weeks tomorrow, in fact. And you know what? I'm more than okay with it.

First of all - I love my birthday (hello - ATTENTION WHORE!) But seriously. When else do you get to be the center of attention and get showered with gifts, drinks, cake and your favourite foods? When else do you have people saying "Let me do the dishes for you. You shouldn't be doing them today"???

Second - I liken myself to a fine wine. I'm just getting better and better with age. Of course, this is just my opinion. If I were to ask hubster what he thinks, he may have a different opinion.

And c) I'm having a party at my house to celebrate. And I hear rumours that many people will be coming! And bringing booze! And we will party. And we will drink. And we will be merry. And that makes me happy.

Because really? What more is there to life than being happy?

Not a whole heck of a lot, according to this almost-30-year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment