Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sing a song

Today I thought I would analyze some delightfully cerebral lyrics by Nicole Scherzinger (of PussyCat Dolls fame). I heard this song "Whatever you like" a while ago and thought "Gee, the music for today's youth is fan-friggin-tastic!"

My analyzation is below in italics:

(Ha, Hu, Ha, Hu, Ha, Hu, Ha, Hu) It's always good to start a song with some huffing and puffing.
I’ll do whatever you like
I’ll do whatever you like
I can do, I can do I'll do, I'll do whatever you like Wow - she certainly aims to please.

What you want? I particularly like it when English-speaking artists speak in broken English. Terrific!
(Ha, Hu, Ha, Hu, Ha, Hu, Ha, Hu) And we're back to the huffing and puffing.
I’ll do whatever you like
I’ll do whatever you like
I can do, I can do I'll do, I'll do whatever you like Glad to see she sticks to her word.

Boy, you want my body Oh, good - was wondering when she was going to get to the part about the importance of intelligence in a partner.
Wanna ride it like a Harley And then she makes a giant step forward for women everywhere. Good work, Nicole!
Once or twice around the block Once would simply not do.
I bet I’ll have you saying ‘woh woh’ I hear you, Nicole. I love it when I can make someone say 'woh woh'.
(Beep Beep) Interesting use of sound effects here.
First stop, let me pop
Drop like a helicop Hmmm... I must not be well-versed in youth terminology these days. I'm not sure I know what a "helicop" is exactly. Unless she means a helicopter. THEN it makes sense. I often see helicopters dropping.
Pay attention on me
While I show you the scenario Whoa - big word for her. Methinks someone helped her out with that one.
(Beep Beep)
You charming me boy Broken English again. Love it.
Yeah boy, you’re charming me Oh wait - she almost redeems herself by the correct use of "you're" in this line.
Just like this beat is gonna do on the radio
(Beep) Seems like they ran out of funding at this point. Only one "beep" was affordable, I guess?

And... I'm done. I can't handle any more of these beautifully well-written lyrics.

Dammit! Now it's stuck in my head.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome analysis! haha! Next do Lady Humps by Black Eyed Peas :)

    ReplyDelete