Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

I wanted to make note that today's date is very significant to me. I just wasn't sure that I could write anything in a post that would even begin to understand the pain of the millions of people who have lost their lives because of this day.

And while I might not understand the pain, and can only be sympathetic to fellow human beings enduring the memories of this day, I remind myself that I can at least learn. As cliché as it may seem, I'm using today as a reminder to not wait for a tragedy to start living life. To not sweat the small stuff - but to enjoy every minute of the great things in life.

Like my incredible family, loving husband and nice home. And the opportunity I've had to travel around the world and experience new things. Great friends. Morning lattes. A good belly laugh. Crisp fall evenings and my warm bed after a long day.

When you think about it, why be angry and upset over something so small, like getting stuck in traffic, when it's so easy (and fun) to think about how much good there is in life?

To my family, my husband, my friends: I love you.

To everyone suffering on this day, my heart is truly going out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment