Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vacation, vacation, what's your function?

I'm REALLY feeling the need for vacation lately.

Although, I'm not quite sure why. Of course, other than the fact that I've realized I repeatedly walk into work in a chipper mood and end up downright cranky 2 to 3 hours later.

Nobody does anything in particular to bug me. There aren't any blow-ups or arguments (generally). I just get cranky.

Fun, eh?

So, that's usually a tell-tale sign of me needing a vacance. Not that I lead a stressful life or am overworked or need to get away from the craziness that is my life. I just need to leave stuff behind me and spend a few weeks with Andrew.

(How good does THAT sound right now? Pretty darn good, that's how.)

Sleeping in. Eating without abandon. Not checking email (well, not regularly, at least). Seeing new things. Doing whatever we feel like.

It's all about recharging the batteries. And other such clichés. (Like: Taking some "me" time. Unwinding. Getting a break from life. Taking care of number 1. And so on.)

Whatever way I choose to say it... I needs me some.

2 comments: