Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In which I try not to disappoint my dear readers

So I've received many requests from all my dear reader fans for a new, fresh, juicy blog. 

(Okay, really - it's just my family. Thank you for reading, family!)

And now... here it is. In all its glory. A new blog post. The one in which I talk about my first run after a TWO WEEK HIATUS.

Two weeks of not running was starting to have quite a negative result. I was blah. I was grumpers. I was unpleasant. (Gasp! It just ain't true. Hez... grumpy?? The hell you say!) Alas, 'tis true. But that's neither here nor there... 

Because tonight, I went back to my running clinic, despite my chest/head cold. We ran 5k. I felt good. No foot pain. And I was Forest-Gump-ing it all over the place: "From that day on, if I was going somewhere, I was... RUNNING!!" (Just a little movie quote for you trivia lovers out there.)

And now, here's a reenactment (through words) of me coming home from the run, all high on endorphins and junk:

"Hi hon, I'm home! I'mbackfrommyrunanditwasgreat!Yep...hadagoodrun.NowI'mgoingfora quickshower! In shower: NewYorkNewYork!!!If I can MAKE IT there, I'll make it ANYWHERE! After shower: Heybabe!Outofmyshower!Sojustgoingtogetmydinnerand-OHMYGOD-thisdinnerisDELICIOUS!Howdidyoucookthepotato??Boiled,yousay??Wow.BESTboiledpotatoI'veEVERhad!!!"

Needless to say, I'm feeling good right now. Very good and lovely. 

Running and me? Yeah. We're friends.

3 comments:

  1. It sure sounds like you and running are a go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the new post! I'm glad you are back to running. Sounds like you really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You almost make me want to run...almost.

    ReplyDelete