Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What if...

Every once in a while I get into this whole reflective state, where I start seriously thinking(obsessing) about big, important life choices.

My latest obsession? Is work.

I really like what I do. I'm happy. The people are great. I get to be creative. It's an amazing environment. I really, really love it.

But there are these little thoughts in the back of my mind that won't go away. About working for myself one day. Really... How amazing would freelance be? Working from home. Making my own hours. Rolling out of bed and arriving at "work" (read: downstairs).

Of course, in this economy, I have NO desire to make any move in the near future whatsoever. I'm just friggin' ecstatic to be working and happy to have a good job.

I guess I'm just daydreaming about one day. "What if..." And, "Wouldn't it be great..." And, "Imagine what life would be like if..."

There's also part of me that thinks I would really miss feeling important at my job. Having a leadership role. Making key decisions and being a part of a team.

So, as you can see, I'm really getting nowhere with this line of thinking. I'm flip-flopping all over the place. But that's part of life. Part of my reality. Which is totally okay. Because I'm excited about the future possibilities that lie ahead for me.

What's your "What if..." moment?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I have the SAME what if moment as you. I would LOVE to be a freelance writer. I just don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete