Wednesday, December 10, 2008

All things holiday, all the time

I guess I truly have gotten out of my non-Christmas funk. All my blogs of late have been Christmas-focused. And this one is no different.

This blog is the one in which I talk about one of my favourite things about the holidays: the food.

Tomorrow night is our work holiday party. We're going to a fancy restaurant in the Yonge and Eglinton area of Toronto for a sampling of delectable goodies: Grilled pear with arugula, asiago and walnuts in a vinaigrette. Porcini mushroom ravioli in a brandy-chive cream sauce. Rib-eye steak with frites. You name it.

Are you drooling yet?

But wait! That's not all. On Saturday, I'll be heading to my Mom-in-law's house with my Mumsie for our annual Christmas baking. Raisin cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip, oatmeal chocolate chip, butter cookies... droooooooooooooooll... It just don't get much better than that.

And then, THEN - I'll be heading to hubby's grandfather's house where his grandfather and his grandfather's wife will be serving up an early hot turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Score.

So, yes. It's safe to say that a big part of the holidays for me is all about the eatin'.

I'm getting my fat pants out now.

***Editor's note***
All this talk of food was making me hungry. So, I just devoured my "lunch". Somehow I thought black beans and salsa on rye crackers would suffice as my lunch-time meal.

To that I say, "Ha ha ha!" and also "How silly I am!"

Verdict on said lunch: Filling? Yes. Satisfying? Oh, no, no, no...

No comments:

Post a Comment