- Each day, Anna wakes up to eat around 5am or 6am. After that, we take a morning nap together.
- Snuggling up next to Anna for a morning nap is one of the best ways to sleep. Ever.
- Anna sometimes cries in her sleep. Just a short little wail, and then it's over. It breaks my heart - but it's also really cute.
- Andrew and I try not to laugh at Anna when she cries - but she makes the CUTEST face ever when she gets a bit fussy. We refer to it as The Super Sad Face. (Her mouth crumples into this big frown... so funny).
- I seem to have nothing to talk about but Anna anymore. Hmmmm. Is this what happens when you become a parent?
- Meh. Guess I'll just roll with it.
- In other Anna news... Anna's going for her first road trip this weekend! We're heading to Ottawa to meet some of my family. She MUST know her cousins and great aunts and uncles.
- I'm a teensy bit nervous about how she'll be on a 5 hour car ride and then not in her familiar surroundings. But she's gotta get out in the world. And Mama will be by her side.
That's about it. Anna's currently napping. So, I'm off to empty the dishwasher, maybe run a brush through my hair and brush my teeth**. It's a good day, folks!
**On a side note... The other day, as I was out for coffee with a friend (and Anna), I realized that I hadn't remembered to brush my teeth before leaving the house. That would never, ever have happened in the past. Now? I've got so much "stuff" to remember to bring for Anna (I better bring a bib in case she spits up... where's her bottle?.... oh, she might need a toy to look at...) that my personal hygiene seems to be put on the back burner. I actually went out for a walk yesterday wearing a shirt that had been freshly puked on. Up until now, I would change my shirt. Yesterday? I just said "Eff this" and wiped the puke off.