Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Johnny boy

A few days ago, my Dad managed to get me a great deal on movies. So - I got a selection of movies I've sorta always wanted, but never really wanted to pay for - for only $5 each.

Last night I watched Finding Neverland (again), starring my boyfriend Johnny Depp.

If you haven't seen that movie yet, you should. I often talk about how visually pleasing Johnny Depp is - but this movie also proves what an incredible actor he is. I don't think the man makes bad movies. Ever.

This movie is pretty simple. There are no intense car chases. No steamy sex scenes. No mind-blowing effects. No big dance numbers (except for one small scene where Johnny dances with his dog... and a bear). But I couldn't take my eyes off the screen for a minute.

I think it's pretty darn fantastic that there are movies out there that simply tell beautiful stories. Now that's entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment