Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas everyone

I know I say this over and over... but I really do wish I had more time to update my blog more often. Ah well. It is what it is. At least I'm here now, right? (You know you're excited that I'm here right now writing this. You love me. Admit it.)

And so. Here we are. It's my Christmas Eve 2010 blog post.

Anna, Andrew and I are ready for the festivities to begin. We've wrapped our presents, visited Santa 3 times, baked cookies, listened to Christmas carols. We've done it all. Now it's just time for family visits and, of course, lots of food.

While Christmas has never been about the presents for me (honestly - I'm not just saying that), I'll admit that I used to get excited about the whole gift thing. I used to go a bit overboard and buy lots of things for everyone, excited to see how they would react when they opened them. I used to get all giddy about the huge mound of wrapped gifts under the tree, curious about what I was getting that year.

But something is different for me this year. Something has changed. Something good.

I'm still excited about Christmas. I'm still happy to give gifts. But Christmas is about so much more than presents this year. It's traditions. And memories. It's love. And happiness. Family. Health. (It's also cookies.)

I can probably attribute a lot of my new found feeling about Christmas to Anna. But I've got to give credit to Andrew and my family, too. (Thanks, guys. I love you.)

Anyway. So it's now time. It's Christmas Eve. The holiday season will be winding to a close soon. And what will I remember most about the year of Anna's first Christmas? Probably that I'm happier than ever and I'm filled with love.

And I wish all of that to you as well this season.


Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely sentimental blog! Anna really has brought a whole new level of love and happiness at Christmas time to us. And you and Andrew are such good parents. We are a pretty fortunate family!! mmmmmmm - cookies !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother-in-law, Nanny, Kathy
    So should I put aside some of these gifts for you and give one extra long hug smothered in cookie crumbs. Just kidding. Having Anna and Elliott has made Christmas be filled with so much fun, laughter and love to us. It has been a fun-filled time for sure. I am looking forward to the rest of the holidays doing some things together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love Christmas.. And, it's extra-special with Anna around :)

    ReplyDelete